Girls Varsity Tennis
Game Summaries & Headlines.
- Game Date
- May 22, 2019
- WARRIORS: 5
Region 3C Semifinals
(1) Western Albemarle 5 (4) Turner Ashby 0 Wednesday, May 22, 2019 Western Albemarle HS Tennis Courts
1. Corinne Jennings def. Emma Nesselrodt 6-1, 6-0
2. Austin Winslow def. Malena Hoover 6-0, 6-1
3. Stephanie Hass led Grace Pierantoni 6-1, 4-3 (DNF)
4. Ellie Graham def. Anna Phillips 6-1, 6-3
5. Maddie Farmer def. Tori Moats 6-1, 6-1
6. Jenny Little def. Jordyn Sizemore 6-0, 6-1
Order of Finish: 2-6-1-5-4
Western Albemarle Record: 17-1
Next Match: Region Championship Match, Thursday May 23, Home vs. (7) Spotswood, 5:00 pm
Quotes from Western Albemarle Head Coach Ellen Markowitz:
"I'm so proud of this team and our performance. The girls were prepared and ready, and stayed focused throughout. TA is a tough team, we had a struggle with them last year so we knew they would give it their best. They are a resurgent program in our region and credit to Coach Clark for her dedication to it and to the girls.
"We are excited to advance to the state quarters and to play in the regional final. We will continue to enjoy the journey and embrace every challenge."