Girls Varsity Tennis
Game Summaries & Headlines.
- Game Date
- May 20, 2019
- WARRIORS: 5
FLUVANNA COUNTY: 0
Region 3C Quarterfinals
(1) Western Albemarle 5 (8) Fluvanna County 0 May 20, 2019 Western Albemarle HS Tennis Courts
1. Corinne Jennings def Adora Gamage, 6-0, 6-0
2. Austin Winslow def Sarah White, 6-0, 6-0
3. Stephanie Hass def Ania Bajs, 6-0, 6-2
4. Ellie Graham led Lydiah Napier, 6-1, 4-1 (DNF)
5. Maddie Farmer def. Catherine Napier, 6-0, 6-0
6. Jenny Little def Taylor Watson, 6-0, 6-0
Western Albemarle Season Record: 16-1 (14-1 Jefferson District; District Champions)
Next Match: Region 3C Seminfinals Wednesday May 22, Home vs. (4) Turner Ashby, 5:00 pm
Quotes from Western Albemarle Head Coach Ellen Markowitz:
"It was a good start to our regional tournament. The Flucos were down a couple players so unfortunately they were not at full strength.
"We acclimated well to the heat and 2-out-of-3-set matches, and kept the pedal to the metal until the end. I'm happy that Ellie and Maddie stepped in and did well. Hopefully we will have Sarah Randolph Warren and Sarah Inman back on Wednesday.
"We are excited for our next match on Wednesday vs. Turner Ashby. They are a tough opponent and we had a great match with them last year. It’s ‘one day at a time’ time and we look forward to embracing all challenges."